M&A deal highlights for TGS Baltic in H1 2013 include advising:
- State company Deposit and Investment Insurance in the transfer of assets and lieabilities from Ūkio bankas to Šiauliu bankas;
- Sportland International Group in the sale of 60% of the shares to leading UK sports retailer Sports Direct International;
- Amber Trust in the acquisition of grain processing company Rigas Dzirnavnieks from Swedish company group Lantmanen;
- Transiidikeskuse, Muuga harbour operator, in the acquisition of logistics company Rail Garant Estonia;
- The minority shareholders of Cable TV company Starman in obtaining additional shares together with Swedish investment company East Capital Explorer Investments.
The report highlights that a total of USD 272.7bn worth of European M&A deals (2,342 deals) in H1 resulted in a 23.4% drop in year-on-year H1 values and 12.3% fewer deals, the lowest opening half year in three years (H1 2010, USD 242.3bn).
Mergermarket, a part of Financial Times Group, is the must-have intelligence and news service for anyone involved in mergers and acquisitions. It tracks deals worldwide to generate M&A advisers league tables, which became an industry standard among investment professionals. See more information in H12013 M&A Report.