Dr. Asta Šamulevičiūtė is an Associate at TGS Baltic, a food law expert and practician with both scientific and academic experience. Asta provides international and local food business operators with consultations on food law matters, such as food safety issues (responsibilities, withdrawal and/or recall procedures, etc.), licensing requirements, food labelling and advertising, regulatory translations of food information, packaging and packaging waste requirements, assists them in communicating with competent authorities, as well as represents them before courts.
Providing consultations to Coca-Cola on food legal regulation issues, including labelling;
Providing consultations to an international food product manufacturer and distributor on food and feed law matters, including food product and pet food labelling and advertising, food trade in pharmacies;
Advising a distributor on labelling requirements for a globally-known brand coffee;
Advising a food importer on food safety issues;
Advised a food supplement and/or cosmetic distributors on issues of legal regulation of food products and cosmetic products containing cannabis parts and/or derivatives, including cannabidiol;
Provided consultations to companies when preparing for the application of the General Data Protection Regulation;
Advised on issues of labelling and advertising regulations for energy drinks;
Advised an international food product manufacturer and distributor on issues of product withdrawal from the Baltic States markets;
Provided consultations to an importer of world-famous natural mineral water on labelling, advertising, packaging and packaging waste management requirements;
Advised a food supplement distributor on the compliance of its direct marketing material for food supplements with applicable requirements;
Advised on food supplements communication strategy in the Baltics;
Provided consultations to the Food Supplement Manufacturers Association in the field of food supplement legal regulation;
Assisted in preparing a draft Description of the Procedure for Issuing Certificates of Food Supplements Exported to Third Countries;
Prepared a draft Description of the Procedure for Handling Infringements of the Law of the Republic of Lithuania on Food;
Organised and carried out training courses for inspectors of the State Food and Veterinary Service on issues related to investigation of infringements of the Law of the Republic of Lithuania on Food;
Participated in providing comments and proposals for draft laws on amending the Law of the Republic of Lithuania on Product Safety, the Law of the Republic of Lithuania on Food and the Law of the Republic of Lithuania on Advertising;
Prepared draft legal acts within the competence of the State Food and Veterinary Service, relating to the introduction of the euro in Lithuania (supervising the indication of prices of goods and services);
Prepared and/or participated in preparing draft legal acts, prepared procedural and other document on issues related to activities of the State Food and Veterinary Service;
Represented the State Food and Veterinary Service before courts in examining administrative cases in the field of food products;
Former member of the Commission for Handling Infringements of the Law of the Republic of Lithuania on Food at the State Food and Veterinary Service, former member of commissions at the State Food and Veterinary Service for investigating breached of administrative duties by civil servants;
Former member of the Anti-Corruption Commission at the State Food and Veterinary Service, responsible for corruption prevention issues (preparation of a draft Corruption Prevention Programme, a draft plan of actions for implementation of the programme, anti-corruption assessment of draft legal acts, analysis of corruption prevention in the system of the State Food and Veterinary Service, identification and assessment of areas of activities of the State Food and Veterinary Service, which are more likely to experience corrupt practices, organisation of examination of corruption-related complains, provision of information to other competent authorities, etc.);
Read lectures on animal welfare protection and food law for master students (Bio Law).
- VŽ paaiškina: ar klientus restorane gali aptarnauti darbuotojai, nemokantys valstybinės kalbos // Verslo žinios, 2019 m. gegužės mėn.
- Rusiškai klientus Rygoje aptarnavusiam „Grill London“ – nemalonumai // Verslo žinios, 2019 m. gegužės mėn.
- „Influenceriai“ apie maistą: kodėl reklama neribojama? // DELFI portal M360, November 2018.
- Be draudimų – nė iš vietos: ir vėl akiratyje maisto papildai // Verslo žinios, May 2017.
- Maisto papildams – nauji ribojimai // Verslo žinios, January 2017.
- Informacijos apie maistą teikimas vartotojams: teisinis reguliavimas, aiškinimas ir taikymas. Daktaro disertacija. Socialiniai mokslai (teisė). Vilnius: Mykolas Romeris University, 2015.
- Vartotojo koncepcijos pokyčiai informacijos apie maistą teikimo srityje. SOCIN 2013: international interdisciplinary conference on social innovations “Social innovations: theoretical and practical insights”: conference abstracts. Vilnius: Mykolas Romeris University, 2013, p. 39–40.
- Atsakomybė maisto teisėje: tinkamo subjekto ir jo rūpestingumo pareigos nustatymo problema. Sveikatos politika ir valdymas. 2013, 1(5): 188–209.
- Informacijos apie maistą teikimo vartotojams teisiniai aspektai. Sveikatos politika ir valdymas. 2012, 1(4): 196–220.
- Lithuanian Bar Association
- Since 2017 Associate, advocate, law firm TGS Baltic
- 2016–2017 Associate, law firm TGS Baltic
- 2010–2017 lecturer at Mykolas Romeris University
- 2012–2016 Senior Specialist, State Food and Veterinary Service
- 2008–2011 administrative assistant, Department of Bio Law, Faculty of Law, Mykolas Romeris University
- 2015 Mykolas Romeris University, PhD (Law)
- 2010 Mykolas Romeris University, Master of Law
- 2008 Mykolas Romeris University, Bachelor of Law